Monday, November 10, 2008

Teacher conference time! Yah!

We get to meet with Tristyn's teacher tomorrow. I am looking forward to discussing some praises & some concerns. The praises include: her becoming more independent, like feeding and dressing her self. She is also becoming a very good big sister. The concerns: she almost 4.5 and no where near potty trained. Although her speech has improved greatly she still struggles with comprehension. I want to talk with her teacher on how to improve this. I long for the day when I can have a conversation with her & find out thoughts and feelings. I want to ask her what she did in school and get a different answer than "played with the kids" or "sang a song" which are the answers I get everyday. Don't get me wrong I love those answers, and last year at this time her answer would have been yes or no. But I am looking forward to something more. And I know it is so frustrating for her when she can't communicate things to us. I was looking back at Tristyns baby book and comparing her milestones to Maddy's. I am relieved that Maddy is hitting her milestones 3-5 months ahead of when Tris hit them, its nice to know we have one less thing to worry about.


Ok done venting, I know the comprehension will come, its just everything comes slower for her.
It is hard on a parent when their 10 mo. old can't sit yet, 19 mo. old doesn't walk yet, their 2-3 year old only has a vocabulary of 10-15 words, and their 4.5 yr won't use the potty. I love both my girls just the way there are and I wouldn't change them for the world, but I just wish things would come easier for Tristyn.

No comments:

DID YOU KNOW?

1 in every 125 babies is born with a heart defect?
What if that one was yours?


1 in every 166 children is diagnosed with some form of Autism? Help us put the puzzle back together!