Monday, December 1, 2008

The worst birthday present

Happy 7 mo Birthday Maddy! Here is your present: Ear infection with a perforated eardrum, sinus infection, nasty wet cough, and to top if off a red, raw, sore throat.

Maddy & Tris both had colds about two weeks ago, and besides a cough that lingered for Maddy both recovered, or so I though. They both had a scheduled apt for a flu shot this morning, so when we got there I asked the Doc to give Maddy a once over because of her cough. The Doc says she has probably been fighting this since her cold two weeks ago. The little sinker NEVER complained, never had a fever, was not overly cranky, ate perfectly fine, and slept fine, she was even smiling & giggling as the doc was examining her. How am I supposed to know something is wrong unless you tell me, you little stinker! Talk about a tough girl! I enjoy having an easy going baby, but this is a little crazy. If I had all those things I'd be crying!!!

Well anyway, Tristyn got her flu shot, Maddy will have to wait about 3 weeks to get hers. We got Maddy started on an antibiotic, which she will have to be on for 10 days. Looks like the start of another great cold season!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I just wanted to leave a comment for you, I love your blog. :) Our stories are similar. My 3 month old daughter was born with the same defect. She is doing very well, I love hearing about other heart babies doing well, too. :) God Bless.

DID YOU KNOW?

1 in every 125 babies is born with a heart defect?
What if that one was yours?


1 in every 166 children is diagnosed with some form of Autism? Help us put the puzzle back together!